Sunday, October 25, 2009

Count Down

Hey guys!
Only a few hours to go. I can't even describe to you how this moment feels. Even to this moment it doesn't feel real yet. I did get a little bit of a shock when I came back to our room and found that the hotel staff had placed a crib in our room while we were gone.
All I can say about the trip so far is that the other families are the very best part of it. That is the only thing that has been off the charts better than I expected. Everything else I could really have done without. The youngest child in our group will be 11 months old and the oldest will be 5 years. There is only one other family that will be first time parents along with us. Their daughter is 4 years old and she also has hearing loss.
It is hot, hot, hot here and we aren't even all the way south yet! Glad we checked the weather before we left and packed summer clothes for the most part.
We miss you guys so much and we wish you were here to share this with us! We leave the hotel at 9:40 Monday (tomorrow) morning for the Civil Affairs office. Six of our total of 10 families (including us) will receive our children then. Please, please keep us in your prayers, especially for our health (all of us parents) and the health of the children because they are checking temps on everyone at the airports here.
I guess that's all for now. Tomorrow the whole world changes:-) Give my pup a squeeze - I miss my buddy:-(

Jennifer

No comments: